Character-oriented, appealing, entertaining storytelling. Whether in storyboard or animation, if it needs to be cartoony, sweet, endearing, funny and well thought out, it’s what I do best.
1995-1997: Starting out in Classical Animation
I started out as a general trainee in Pitchi Poy animation studio, where I was bitten by the animation bug. In the next few years I learned the basics of hand-drawn animation and made my first steps in the profession.
1998-2003: Flash and Interactive Media
I learned Flash and worked mostly as an animator and graphic designer on interactive websites and early learning multimedia.
2003-2006: 3D and Children’s Entertainment
I expanded into 3D animation, working as a junior animator and previs artist in DPSI, where we worked on TV series, short and feature films. After the closing of DPSI I continued as a freelance animator.
2006-2013: Story Artist and Senior Animator
I spent this period working as a senior 2D and 3D animator on several local and international productions. Since 2007 I also discovered an interest and love for storyboard, and was able to participate in some very exciting projects, such as Aardman’s Shaun the Sheep.
2011-2014: Mobile Games and Story Apps
With my partner Daniel Shneor we designed, wrote and animated several interactive children’s stories for iOS, as well as some casual games.
I also designed and directed a story app for Outfit 7 which was based on our story app model.
Since 2013: Teaching
After helping out as a TA on some animation courses in local collages, I started teaching a Intro to Animation course at Minshar School of Art.
Working continually on a wide range of projects as an animator, story artist and concept designer.
Since 2017: Self-Published Children’s Author and Illustrator
I collaborate with my partner Daniel Shneor to write, illustrate and self-publish children’s picture books.
- Prominent clients: Framestore for Netflix | Playtika | Crew 972 for Aardman and Warner Bros | Yoni Goodman for HBO | Outfit7 | Abot Hameiri | ST/AF | Shortcut-Playground | Argaman Creative for Omek Interactive
- Prominent work places: Minshar School of Art | Shortcut-Playground | Crew 972 | Snowball VFX | Pitchi Poy | DPSI Israel
- I am fluent in English, Russian and Hebrew.
- I have experience and understanding of TV and feature film, as well as web multimedia, gaming and mobile apps.
- I have worked in most major studios in Israel, and with international clients.
- I am a founding member of the Israel Animators Union
see also: testimonials